Aims & Objectives
The goal of the programme is to give quality training to students to enable them to participate meaningfully in the development process of our nation. The specific objectives of the programme are:
- To train students to take up jobs in diverse areas: Foreign Affairs, Teaching, Security Services, Translation and Interpreting;
- To enhance social integration by breaking down linguistic barriers in this world of globalization;
- To give training to students in the local languages at the tertiary level;
- To promote Ghanaian Languages at national and international level;
- To equip students with the requisite skills in producing, understanding and analyzing texts for the purposes of communication and teaching;
- To enhance students’ knowledge of the cultures and civilizations mirrored by the languages in question.